Tuesday, August 24, 2010

past life. black woman from the ghetto.

passing by my secondary school the other day and seeing all the school students made me flashback to my schooling days.
i have to admit that i regret succumbing to peer pressure. regret trying to be noticed. regret not being myself all the time. now when thinking about it, it means absolutely nothing. it really doesn't matter if i'm friends with people who are "cool" and it definitely doesn't matter if i have to be "pretty".
i actually wish i spent more time just being me and not worrying what my "social status" was and how i looked in my uniform.
i wish current me could slap past me really hard. really hard.
don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed my schooling days but there will always be that small tiny regret in me.
looking at the "popular" crowd now, it's really clear that the guys who people thought were "hot" are really just douchebags. the girls who were "popular" are just shallow.

can i get an amen?

No comments: